Evaluation rules: 2016-175
All the students from Class I to VIII will be promoted to higher class by RTE( Right to Education) act. However the evaluation of Class III to X will be done under the scheme of Continues and Comprehensive Evaluation ( CCE). Under this scheme the whole academic session is divided into two terms. Term I ( From April to September) and Term II ( From October to March).
CCE AT GLANCE :
TermI ( April to September)
Term I consists of three tests. These are
- FORMATIVE ASSESSEMENT 1 ( FA I) – Pen and Paper Test ( Will be conducted during month of July)
- FORMATIVE ASSESSEMENT II ( FA II) – No Pen and Paper test ( Will be conducted during the month of August)
For Science and Months:
- Group Projects
- Data Handling and Analysis
- Experiments with supplementary Theory
- Problem Solving in groups etc.
Oral Quiz, Conversation, Dialogues, Speeches on given Topics, Creative writing etc. , Group Discussion , Book Reviews conducting interviews.
Group Research, Group investigation, charts, Models etc.
- SUMMATIVE ASSESSEMENT I ( SA I) – Pen and Paper Test ( Will be conducted during month of September)
TERM II ( October to March)
- FORMATIVE ASSESSEMENT -3 ( FA 3) – Pen and Paper Test ( Will be conducted during month of November)
- FORMATIVE ASSESSEMENT -4 ( FA 4) – No Pen and Paper Test ( Will be conducted during month of January to February)
For Maths and Science:
Math Lab. Activities , On line test using IT.
Design experiments , Application etc.
Presentation involving conversation with peers and the teacher, commentaries on the text etc. , conducting surveys.
For SST :
Source based analysis , presenting on a research topic, MCQs.
- SUMMATIVE ASSESSEMENT II ( SA 2) – Pen and Paper Test ( Will be conducted during month of March)
Examinations on Scholastic aspect :
Evaluation of Academic Subjects from Class III to X
Six Assessments are proposed.
|Type of Assessment||Percentage of Weightage in academic session||Month||Term wise Weightage|
|Formative Assessement – 1
Formative Assessement – 2
Summative Assessement – 1
|April – May
July – August
|FA–1 + FA– 2 = 20%
SA – 1 = 20%
|Formative Assessement – 3
Formative Assessement – 4
Summative Assessement – 2
|Oct. – Nov.
Jan. – Feb.
|FA–3 + FA–4 = 20%
SA– 2 = 40%
|Total Formative Assessment = FA-1 + FA -2 + FA -3 + FA-4 = 40 %
Summative Assessment = SA-1 + SA-2 = 60 % Total = 40% + 60% = 100 %